2017 Chevy Cruze Hatch Unveiled
Surprise! Chevy unveils 2017 Cruze Hatch.
Ahead of its debut at the North American International Auto Show, Chevrolet today introduced the 2017 Cruze Hatchback. Developed with all the technologies and dynamic driving attributes of the all-new 2016 Cruze sedan, the new hatch adds a functional and sporty choice for customers. It joins Colorado and Trax as the latest Chevrolets to push into new segments.
Details on the car…
The Cruze Hatch has the same, class-leading 106.3-inch wheelbase as sedan models (which means more interior space for cargo and passengers), but also features a unique roof and rear-end structure – including wraparound taillamps and an integrated spoiler at the top of the liftgate. The Cruze Hatch opens to offer a full 18.5 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seat and with the rear seat folded, cargo space expands to 47.2 cubic feet. The car will go on sale in the fall of this year, in LT and Premier trims, and will have an available RS package which includes and a unique front and rear fascias, rocker panels, rear spoiler, fog lamps. We expect a more powerful version later on, dependent upon the success and sales of the Ford Focus RS which will be launching this year as well. We may be at the beginning of a domestic hatch showdown, which would be very exciting!
The hatchback market is growing, “with 9 percent market growth in small hatchbacks last year, it’s the perfect time to bring the Cruze Hatch to America,” said Alan Batey, president, General Motors North America and Global Chevrolet. “As Cruze continues to set the tone for Chevrolet globally, it articulates the brand promise of offering cars with the latest technologies, more features and greater efficiency, performance and safety with fresh, distinctive styling.”
The all-new Cruze is more rigid and lighter architecture is the Cruze’s foundation for driving dynamism, while also playing a significant role in safety and efficiency. It is more than 200 pounds lighter than the previous-generation model due largely to a body structure that is 100 pounds lighter and an engine that’s 44 pounds lighter.
CRUZE HATCH HIGHLIGHTS
- Segment-exclusive standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility via the MyLink radio systems and available 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hotspot
- More standard safety features than any other compact car – including Corolla and Civic – with available adaptive features including Lane Keep Assist, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Park Assist
- Available Teen Driver feature helps support safe driving habits and offers driving statistics for parents
- Standard 1.4L turbo engine with direct injection and Stop/Start technologies, electric power steering and, on Premier models, a Z-link rear suspension
- Interior with midsize-level roominess, including two inches greater rear legroom than Ford Focus and Hyundai Elantra
- Available features include a heated steering wheel, heated front and rear seats, Athens leather-appointed seating surfaces, true French seams and halogen projector-beam headlamps with LED signature lighting.