2017 Chevy Bolt EV
Chevrolet has introducing the production 2017 Bolt EV, only a year after showing the concept vehicle that put Chevy in the spotlight for creating a long-range, affordable electric vehicle for the masses. Oh yeah, and it will be built here, in Michigan!
And here it is: The Bolt EV enters production this year and offers more than 200 miles of range on a full charge.
“It was less than a year ago that we revealed the Bolt EV concept and promised to deliver a long-range electric vehicle attainable by the masses,” GM Chairman and CEO Mary Barra said. “The Bolt EV is capable of using the latest mobile app technology to enable car sharing, advanced GPS routing and gamification, all designed to enhance the ownership experience now and into the future.”
The Bolt EV, which will go into production by the end of 2016, will offer more than 200 miles of range on a full charge. It also features advanced connectivity technologies designed to enhance and personalize the driving experience.
“The Bolt EV is capable of using the latest mobile app technology to enable car sharing, advanced GPS routing and gamification, all designed to enhance the ownership experience now and into the future,” GM Chairman and CEO Mary Barra said.
Electricity : Connectivity : Experience
The Bolt EV is engineered from the suggestions and ideas of current Volt owners and features technologies, allowing Chevy to create the best long-range electric vehicle customer experience.
The Bolt EV’s connectivity innovations will provide smart, personalized solutions for managing the driving experience. For example, in the future an accurate driving range projection will be based on the time of day, typography, weather and the owner’s driving habits. Bluetooth low-energy – designed specifically for the Bolt EV to minimize energy draw – seamlessly connects a smart phone to the car while the owner approaches the vehicle. Many of the Bolt EV’s driver-focused technologies are supported by OnStar 4G LTE, which turns the Bolt EV into a Wi-Fi hotspot, giving owners easier access to apps and services via a high-speed wireless connection.
Other connectivity and infotainment features include:
- 10.2’’ MyLink color touch-screen display
- Customizable, widget-based “flip-board style” operation
- Rear Camera Mirror
- Rear-facing camera provides a wide-angle view of the environment behind the vehicle.
- Surround Vision
- Provides a bird’s-eye view of what’s around the Bolt EV for improved safety during low-speed driving and when parking.
- All-New MyChevrolet Mobile App: Combines important owner and vehicle information and functions, such as:
- Vehicle charge status
- OnStar Map service
- Remote start
- Cabin pre-conditioning
- Owner’s manual information
- Dealer service scheduling
- EV Navigation Mapping
- EV-specific navigation capability that designs routes to maximize range and provide locations of nearby charging station locations if needed.
- In the future, Bolt EV owners will be able to “compete” by comparing driving styles to determine who is driving most efficiently.