2016 Buick Envision
Buick has finally announced that it will begin to sell it’s attractive midsize CUV, the Envision. With a signature Buick exterior, and an absolutely luxurious interior, the Buick Envision was designed, engineered and tested in Michigan as a world-class luxury crossover to challenge the world’s best competition. It was awarded Motor Trend SUV of the Year in China and has 127,085 sales so far this year.
When it goes on sale in 2016, it will play an important role in a crossover lineup that currently represents 60 percent of Buick sales in North America. It targets customers shopping between the Encore, the best-selling Buick in eight years, and the Enclave, which has continued to grow its customer base since its 2007 introduction.
Envision highlights include:
- 252-horsepower (186 kW) 2.0L turbo engine with stop/start technology, matched with Buick’s first crossover vehicle application of HiPer Strut front suspension and Buick’s first Active Twin Clutch all-wheel-drive system
- Efficiency-enhancing features including upper grille shutters that open and close to enhance aerodynamics on the highway and a body structure incorporating mass-reducing high-strength and ultra-high-strength steels – and a lightweight aluminum hood
- LED daytime running lamps and rear LED accent lights
- Sliding, 60/40-split rear seat, offering the flexibility of more legroom for second-row passengers
- Kneeling cushions in the second-row seat enable a flatter load floor when the seat is folded
- Standard Safety Alert Seat and Lane Keep Assist, as well as available Automatic Park Assist, and Surround Vision 360-degree camera system
- IntelliLink with 8-inch color touch screen
- Available OnStar with 4G LTE and built-in Wi-Fi hotspot
- Programmable power liftgate with hands-free operation
- Active noise cancelation
- Standard 19-inch aluminum wheels
- Passive entry and push-button start with standard remote start
- Standard eight-way power-adjustable front seats and four-way-adjustable lumbar – including available adjustable thigh support on some models that enhances comfort for taller passengers
- Standard heated front seats, heated rear seat and heated steering wheel
- Available cooled front seats
- Standard tri-zone climate control with rear-seat controls and console-mounted rear vents
- Standard Bose premium sound system
- Available panoramic moonroof
So, what do you think of the new Buick Envision?Will it be able to carve a piece for itself in the hot-CUV segment?